Part of vaping is knowing proper Battery Safety.
Please read up on battery safety, and refresh often.
When in doubt, ask!
Here are some tips to help keep you safe:
- Prior to each and every use of your battery, inspect the battery wrap for tears or damage, and inspect the battery itself for damage
- Always store your batteries in a proper case, like a hard shell case or silicone sleeve
- Never leave your batteries loose or in your device, this is especially true with putting loose batteries in your pocket
- Always use the proper batteries for your device; not all batteries are created equal
- Always purchase authentic batteries from a reputable source - there are such things as clone batteries and they are extremely dangerous
- If you are not familiar with OHM's Law, read up on it
- If there is any damage to your battery wrap, have it re-wrapped immediately. Any sort if nick or tear in a battery can be dangerous - no matter how small
- Never leave your batteries to charge unattended
- Ensure the orientation of your battery follows the manufacturer's specifications
- Replace your batteries often - every 3 to 6 months depending on use, or if you feel that your battery is not performing as it did when it was new
- When replacing your batteries with new ones, do not toss the old batteries in the trash - this can cause an explosion. Instead, bring them into your local vape shop where they can be properly recycled
Vape Safe, Vape Happy